the location is a monthly radio segment on Metro Connection.
Each week, WAMU 88.5’s Metro Connection reaches across D.C., Maryland and Virginia to gather the sounds and stories that capture the current events, culture and personalities driving the Washington region.
The program airs every Friday at 1pm and Saturday at 7am on Washington, D.C.’s local NPR station. Recordings are also available via podcast and streaming on the station’s website and here:
- June 29, 2012 – American Artist Declares Independence, Creates the Peacock Room
- May 25, 2012 – Investigating Cairo Builder’s Chilling Connection
- March 23, 2012 – From Hell’s Bottom to Murder Bay to Bloodfield
- Feb. 24, 2012 – A Long-Forgotten “River of Slime” Under Washington
- Jan. 27, 2012 – The Story Behind U Street’s “Black Family Reunion”
- Dec. 2, 2012 – A Sixteenth Street Mansion with a Tragic Tale
- Oct. 28, 2011 – The Winding History of Mt. Zion Cemetery
- Sept. 16, 2011 – A Visionary Whose Work Nearly Vanished
- July 8, 2011 – Digging Deep: Cracking the Mystery of the Dupont Circle Tunnels